Mu’ooz and their team of incredible women will be providing most of the food for our upcoming Refugee Alternatives Conference.
Mu’ooz is a not-for-profit social enterprise and restaurant. Their aim is to provide work experience, training and employment opportunities to African refugees, especially women who have suffered the trauma of war, poverty and had little opportunity for education. Over the years, they have achieved the following accomplishments:
- Trained and employed over 160 refugee women have received work experience, training and employment in the last 7 years (97% are still in employment).
- Finalist in the 2011 “Awards for Excellence” QLD Restaurant of the Year, Restaurant & Catering.
- Supported the development of other African social enterprises located in Queensland and interstate.
- Introduced in ‘Queensland Good Food Guide 2013’.
- Raised over $13,000 for the Victorian Bush fire Appeal, Queensland Floods, East African Drought and Breast Cancer.
You can find out more about their quality service and the good work they have done here: https://www.muooz.com.au/